Scott's Profile Pic

Scott's Profile Pic
Scott Swindells

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

New Words

Hello, and welcome to a special Wednesday edition of Tuesdays. The AIC job is keeping all three of us incredibly busy lately, and we have all been thinking of some ways to save small increments of time wherever possible. As I typed "yesternoon" in an email in place of "yesterday afternoon," I started thinking about what other words can be combined to save time and illustrate or create special meaning. Below are some "newords" I have "invined" for this purpose:


collabulous -- working well together


invine -- to invent by combining


yesternoon -- yesterday afternoon


tomorning -- tomorrow morning


socialsearching -- the process where I start my research by asking my Facebook network


distractris -- when I stop researching and play Facebook Tetris instead


procrastipletion -- getting it done at the last minute


exhaustinated -- the feeling of exhaustion and rejuvenation that comes from successful work on a project procrastipleted late at night


creanovative -- creative and innovative (thanks to Outkast for this one)


sleeptendance -- simultaneously accomplishing meeting attendance and much-needed sleep


blogulation -- a theory postulated via blog


McKenzerpoint -- a non-linear presentation engineered by Wendy McKenzie


Jasonify -- making something 100% better, as Jason Christiansen would


Swindiculous -- something ridiculous that my brother or I might do


Auf Wiederskype -- I'll Skype you later


Can you suggest some other invinations? It would be collabulous if you'd post yours below! Thanks for readicipating. See you Nextues.

No comments: